Development Team Lead _ Hélix
As a Development Team Lead at Ubisoft MTL, you will join the Helix service team specialized in the production of cinematic videos and imagery for all games developed at our Canadian and International Studios such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, For Honor and many more.
Helix’s Technological Operations department capacitates all graphic and cinematic productions through the design and development of software solutions and technical pipelines. It also provides direct tech support, infrastructure, and industry expertise services to all of Helix’s artists.
What you will do
You will lead a team of developers to implement a series of tools that connect to proprietary Ubisoft game engines Anvil and Snowdrop that enable visual artists to produce graphical and video assets using game elements and environments. You will also oversee the development of pipeline backends and middleware, manage DevOps practices and developer productivity tooling initiatives.
- Evaluate and scope work, plan sprints and tasks for the team
- Design technological solutions and oversee architectural decisions
- Manage employees’ performance and careers
- Establish processes and development best practices
- Review the team’s code
- Contribute to code base (part time)
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, software engineering, or the equivalent
- Experience in tool development on game engine (an asset)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Basic Python Knowledge
- Experience using a 3D Digital Content Creation software such as Mobu, Maya, 3DS Max, Blender or other (an asset)