Ubisoft Halifax has an opening for a Quality Control Tester. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing the features of our pre-released games and applications, reporting the bugs and problems, and verifying that the fixes produced by the designers, programmers, and artists have corrected the noted issues.
The ideal candidate can self-manage, is proactive and demonstrates a high attention to detail. The position will require a calm, composed individual to be meticulous in their continuous testing of all aspects of gameplay including small sections of the game that will require multiple retests in search of possible bugs. Excellent communication skills are essential to accurately describe identified bugs while excellent deductive and critical thinking skills will be needed to effectively determine the appropriate steps to reproduce them. The successful candidate will be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task ongoing deadlines in order to assist in the production of a high-quality mobile game.
- Play through incomplete versions of the mobile game to methodically isolate and report bugs;
- Create and follow test plans to ensure adequate coverage and visibility is given to each section of the game build;
- Report all discovered bugs in a succinct and concise manner to be easily interpreted by other members of the Production/QC Team!
- Manage the 'bug database' through entering new bugs and closing solved cases.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of mobile games;
- Capable working effectively within a reliant team environment;
- A high level of professionalism, accountability and enthusiasm towards learning.
- A familiarity with Android and iOS mobile platforms;
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Previous QA experience within the videogames industry.
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas holiday break
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- A hybrid working model
- Flexible work hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
- Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
- And an international and diverse team
Ubisoft Halifax is the newest Ubisoft Studio to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax, Kjipuktuk in the Mi'kmaw native language).The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team building and collaboration!
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States, a founding City full of forts, historic buildings, and award-winning modern architecture. Being a city with three Universities, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types: unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply through the Ubisoft website https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx
- Cover letter including salary expectations (in pdf).
- Current CV/ Resume. Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format. (in pdf)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of inquires, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.