Reporting to the Team Lead – Dev Test and physically based within the development team, the incumbent will provide constant support to the development team by determining the best test processes and identifying any anomalies in the features prior to their integration into the game version.
What you will do
- Develop and complete test plans based on game features and design documents as drawn up by the development team, to pinpoint the bugs and methodically verify all of the aspects of the game pertaining to his/her work cell.
- Carry out regular and specific checks of the tasks assigned to his/her production cell.
- Use the development team’s tools to identify bugs, as features are implemented in the game.
- Isolate and reproduce the bugs to assess gravity and probability based on Ubisoft’s standards, and suggest solutions;
- Detail the bugs using the Jira database, and follow-up with other members of the development teams to facilitate their resolution;
- Identify the risks related to the quality of the game, during game content meetings, to discuss the advancement of the project, and explain the progress to the creative team;
- Follow up on functionality bugs detected by external teams;
- Follow up on correction of functionality bugs in real time with the development team;
- Communicate information on the bugs that are detected and on other assigned tasks to all those involved (immediate supervisor, development team members and functionality testers);
- Log images and/or videos;
- Follow all security rules regarding the manipulation of the versions;
- Maintain the best practices in testing with co-development teams;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Specialized diploma related to the industry, "Video Game Tester" training or other equivalent training.
- One (1) year's experience in Quality Control in the video game industry (an asset).
Other relevant experience in the industry or in a related field (an asset).
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and test management tools (e.g. TestRail and Xray)
- Familiarity with networking and on-demand infrastructure
- Experience in programming (or notions of programming logic and scripting) and with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- An understanding of test principles and methodologies
- A highly collaborative, empathetic, and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of the development process & a passion for video games
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. We are a human-sized studio where collective ambitions and interaction are the order of the day. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise - joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle! And although we are sure that you will fall in love with the region, you don't have to move here to work with us. We really embrace hybrid mode, and that's real flexibility! Coming to Ubisoft Sherbrooke is far from traveling to the end of the world to have the chance to evolve in the hyper stimulating and effervescent context of a starting studio!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are also working on some amazing projects including the legendary and acclaimed franchise FARCRY!
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.