DevOps Linux Administrator - Version Control
Ubisoft IT Production Services is a catalyst for innovation, providing optimized solutions that offer game production teams a variety of options tailored to their reality. This service is a key part of the game production ecosystem and is used by thousands of game content contributors from all Ubisoft studios.
Joining this team as a DevOps Linux Administrator - Version Control, you will be expected to work actively within a multi-disciplinary team to keep our source control running and evolving and to ensure system health and availability.
- Operate the Linux system hosting the source control tools such as operating system installation, storage management, and system alert troubleshooting to ensure system health, maximum availability, and quality of service;
- Coordinate with various internal teams when tasks need to be delegated, such as for networking needs;
- Provide support and administration of Git;
- Develop scripts and utilities to improve both the functionality and robustness of the service;
- Document and transfer source control management;
- Collaborate with the architecture and game production teams to maintain performance and robustness, and to adapt to the expected level of service.
Participate with other team members in the uninterrupted support of the team's services 24/7 - weekend call rotation, 1 week every 8 weeks;
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems with experience in administering critical systems - performance and high availability;
- Experience with at least one source control tool such as Perforce, GIT, Gitlab, Team Foundation, Subversion and good knowledge of source control management concepts such as codelines, branching, merging, integration, and versioning;
- Experience with Git support and administration (Gitlab, GitHub, Bitbucket, PlasticSCM);
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, and Python;
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana;
- Knowledge of containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.