DF Debug Silicon Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Responsible for debugging and driving quality verification metrics for the Fabric Interconnect IP.
- Work closely with the architecture and design teams to analyze simulation failures.
- Design assertions and coverage terms and propose solutions when bugs are encountered.
- Identify and address areas of concern to meet design quality objectives.
Required Education and Skills:
- Good knowledge of English.
- Individual responsibility and a strong desire for personal achievements.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Documented and demonstrable expertise in at least two of the following either academic or professional setting:
- Modern computer architecture, including processor pipeline and memory hierarchy
- Hands-on work in C++ programming for either hardware modeling or testbench development or projects of similar scope and complexity
- Logic design and representing the same in HDL (e.g. Verilog or VHDL)
- Assembly language programming and Instruction Set Architecture of a modern microprocessor
- Hardware Verification methodology and techniques such as simulation, debug, coverage, formal etc.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, and abilities to work with a diverse team
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Prior Internship experience in the above listed required skills.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Perl or Python or Ruby).
- Experience in hardware/logic simulators (e.g. VCS/Modelsim/EDAPlayground).
- Experience in debug tools or waveform viewers.
- Experience in Verification languages (e.g. Specman or System Verilog).
- Experience in Verification tools and techniques (e.g. UVM).
- Experience in modeling hardware designs in emulators or FPGAs .
Requisition Number: 173147
Country/Region/Location: Romania State/Province: Moldavia City: Iasi
Job Function: Design