DICE Core Engineer Internship
We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars™: Battlefront franchise, and Mirror's Edge. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. That's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we all work towards a common cause.
We're looking for driven and enthusiastic students who want to join DICE this spring for an internship as a Software Engineer.
As an intern, we don't expect you to be productive from day one. Learning the tools and workflows takes time. The most important thing is for you to learn, ask questions, and be curious. Once you are ready to take on production tasks, there will always be someone to guide and assist you along the way.
In an intern, we look for a willingness to learn, an ability to constructively take on feedback, and effective communication skills. In terms of technical ability, we look for artistic qualities, passion for your craft, a broad understanding of the workflows related to your discipline, and finally a problem-solving mindset.
- Work with a team to deliver improvements to performance, memory use, packaging, stability and do bug fixes or improve workflows for other software engineer teams
- Plan and deliver quality implementations from design or technical requirements - with help from a mentor
- Follow team best practices to ensure we maintain a stable development environment
- Continuously ask for feedback, work with the team, and ask questions!
- Experience with coding in C++
- Interest in games and developing games from a technical perspective
- Able to problem solve with guidance from engineers on the team
GOOD FOR YOU TO KNOW
Even if your experience doesn't perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you anyway and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives, so regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you want to join the next generation of DICErs.
Please note that this internship is unpaid and temporary employment. It needs to be associated with a university education or any other type of education that has an internship period planned into the education plan, for example, LiA. We are not able to provide relocation services for this role, so we will only consider candidates already residing in Sweden.
We look forward to receiving your application!