Digital Design & Verification Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
We are searching for a Digital Design and Verification Engineer that wants to be part of a new and innovative Integrated Power Management solution team within AMD. This is a chance to focus on pre-silicon IP design and verification that will be used in AMD’s next generation Server, Graphics and Gaming products. Ideal for an individual looking to produce cutting edge architectures and development.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Writing micro-architecture design specifications and verification test plans
- RTL design with System Verilog
- Ensure design meets power, timing, area, and performance targets
- Block level and system level digital verification
- Execute on verification test plans at various levels of design hierarchy including unit and full-chip environments
- Develop high level language testbench components including stimulus drivers, BFMs, behavioral models, monitors, and checkers
- Develop, simulate and debug directed and random stimulus and assembly level tests to find bugs in the low power IP design; verify the functionality and verify conformance to the spec
- Develop and analyze assertions and coverage terms. Participate in technical reviews of the specifications, design, and test plans. Identify and address areas of concern to meet design quality objectives.
- Drive project deliverables and dependencies with IP Architects, RTL designers, and Physical Design engineers.
- Ensure the design is bug free
- Hands-on experience in UVM, System Verilog logic, Verilog design and verification
- Familiarity with backend tools (synthesis, lint, CDC, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with low power design and power analysis flows
- Familiar with languages like Perl, python, C/C++ etc.
- Experience in modeling hardware designs in emulators or FPGAs
- Familiarity with digital logic power management techniques (clock gating, power gating, V-F curves, on-die voltage regulation, clock integrity, etc.)
- Hardware debug methods and tools
- Experience and/or familiarity in Design-for-Debug techniques and architectures is preferred
- Work well with others in a team environment
BS in electrical/electronic/computer-science or related field is required; Master's degree preferred
Requisition Number: 183162
Country: United States State: New York City: Rochester
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.