Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Digital Writer
The Digital Writer will create content for Pokémon’s marketing sites (including Pokemon.com) and email campaigns. The position will write about topics across all of The Pokémon Company International’s (TPCi’s) pillars (such as video games, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, and animation), and in a voice tailored to our audience.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Write copy covering a diverse portfolio of content, sometimes under tight deadlines and rapidly changing parameters
- Contribute creative ideas for new types of content and editorial opportunities based on a thorough understanding of our audience
- Work closely with Product Marketing Managers and other stakeholders to help execute marketing initiatives
- Track content workflow through review, editing, asset creation, and delivery
- Maintain security standards related to confidential information
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Experience in search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Tireless attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Willingness to work closely with editors and stakeholders
- Ability to organize multiple complex projects and react efficiently to unexpected change
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate capacity to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel; content management system (CMS) experience a plus
- Knowledge of the Pokémon brand strongly preferred
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Copywriter (IC3)