Director, Advocacy & Community
The Director of Advocacy and Community will lead and manage a team that educates users, customers, and prospects about the benefits of Unity across all industries, with a heavy focus on games. The goal of the team is to raise awareness, engage developers, and inspire creators! This team is focused on activities that enable the community to build and deliver outstanding real-time 3d experiences. You will lead both the Advocates and our Community team.
The Director will drive engagements that achieve the three following pillars:
- Drive Awareness (Adoption) - Ensure we are making users aware of Unity’s technical capabilities, differentiation, and methodologies. Enhance the impact and reach of content built by Unity creators, the Demo team, and other internal teams, and highlight a variety of users who craft outstanding experiences both internally and externally.
- Inspire Action (Call To Action) - Influence audience behavior to amplify further engagement online and offline, such as downloading a project, visiting the website, sharing online, opening the editor, filling out a survey, or scheduling a follow-up.
- Raise Positive Sentiment (Retention) - Communicate with credibility and authenticity. Pursue user satisfaction and strengthen trust in Unity products, solutions, and workflows.
The Director of Advocacy and Community will report to the VP of Create Marketing.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead strategy and guide our Technical Marketing team to achieve the 3 key pillars of Driving Awareness, Inspiring Action, and Raising Sentiment.
- Direct our Advocates, Community and Influencer teams to focus on specific communities we wish to engage. These teams are critical to reinforcing Unity's position as the leader in real-time 3D experiences by providing the external reflection of our Unity technology capabilities, strategy, and roadmap, while encouraging our creators to reach higher.
- Collaborate with and influence BU leaders, R&D, and the rest of the marketing team, as well as enhance our MWU Community efforts, our Comms initiatives, and our analyst efforts.
- Prioritize industry segments which align to Unity's priorities and lift engagement with our users. This will include tackling complex problems like: trading off priorities across BUs and segments; addressing brand perception challenges; differentiating capabilities; growing and reflecting customer ambitions; and with limited resources, proactively positioning the company ahead of where the engine is today. Near-term focus for this team will be on the games segment.
What we’re looking for
- Deep experience using the Unity engine and translating technology into customer value.
- Demonstrated expertise promoting user adoption, engagement, and satisfaction with Unity's products and capabilities.
- Great communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, and enhance a message both internally and externally.
- Proven experience leading direct reports as well as collaborating with teams within large cross-functional projects.
- Record of being results oriented with demonstrated ability to build consensus and influence successful outcomes.
You might also have
- Credibility with a large following of Unity developers
- Experience bringing together teams under a centralized Marketing umbrella and ensuring that the mission remains clear and strong.
- Track record of augmenting the external company reputation, growing visibility, and gaining customers.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.