Director, Associate GC - Unity China Joint Venture
We believe work is better when people are in the same physical space together. At Unity, we offer a hybrid-first approach that fosters the alignment and connectedness we get from being together while retaining the benefits of flexibility. Employees are expected to work from an office on average 3-days a week unless otherwise agreed with the company or specified in their employment contract.
Come work at the intersection of our ground-breaking Unity game engine, HMI product, digital twin products, and innovative ecosystem. Collaborate with global teams across Unity to advise on various legal issues and help build, implement, and maintain relevant policies and procedures to help scale our growth. This is a rare opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where your work will have a direct impact on our business and long-term strategy. If you are a strategic, hands-on, and proactive legal leader with a passion for leading teams to solve problems and drive cross-functional projects over the finish line, this is an outstanding fit for you!
Unity is looking for a Director, Associate GC to serve as the General Counsel of Unity's Joint Venture in China. This role is responsible for safeguarding Unity's business operations in China by ensuring rapid business growth and protecting Unity's reputation through proactive problem solving and identification, monitoring, and mitigation of legal risks.
You will manage the China Legal Team and be a member of the Unity China Joint Venture's Management Team. You will act as a strategic adviser to the China CEO and China Leadership Team and serve as a company secretary for the Board of Unity China Joint Venture, providing legal support on critical company strategies and business decisions. As Unity China’s Data Protection Officer, you will serve as the primary contact with the Cyberspace Administration of China.
You will have the overall responsibility for all legal and compliance matters, including technology transactions, software licensing, product development, intellectual property, employment, data privacy, compliance, litigation, and strategic investment or fundraising activities.
What you’ll be doing
- Work as a trustworthy legal business partner for the China Leadership Team
- Direct your team to deliver results by providing legal advice across legal and compliance matters while taking into consideration broader company strategy and business objectives
- Define and develop corporate policies, procedures, and training programs to promote a transparent, efficient, open-minded, and high-integrity company culture
- Ensure legal compliance when launching major initiatives and new projects
- Develop, train, and coach an effective legal team
What we’re looking for
- Qualification to practice law in PRC (PRC bar certificate holder)
- Strong team management ability and leadership skills
- Excellent communication/teamwork skills and the ability to work with cross-function collaborators at all levels
- Critical thinking skills, strong business insight, and a hands-on, lean approach
- Creativity, vision, and sound judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions
- High-level proficiency in both written and spoken English
You might also have
- Prior working experience in tech, gaming, or SaaS industries
- Curiosity in exploring pioneering technology and innovative business models
Domestic relocation and international relocation support is available.
Work visa/immigration support is provided for this role.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.