Director, Corporate Strategy & Development
Unity is seeking a senior Corporate Strategy & Development team member who will be responsible for developing growth strategies, identifying new investment and acquisition opportunities and executing M&A transactions.
Unity Corporate Strategy & Development is a high-impact, high-visibility group that works closely with our Executive Team, Unity’s Board, internal and external partners, and potential acquisition targets. The team serves as Unity's corporate development / investment arm, in-house strategic advisor, post-merger integration office, and special situations group to help solve key challenges facing the business and accelerate growth.
Members of the team support the development of our growth strategies, identify and evaluate new growth and investment opportunities, and deliver against these initiatives by performing detailed business planning and analysis, aligning team members, negotiating complex corporate transactions, and ensuring successful implementation and execution.
Collectively, these efforts support our ecosystem of creators to build and run the most exciting destinations in the next generation of the internet. At Unity, we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we are looking for a driven, analytical, and resourceful individual to join the team to further bring Unity’s vision into reality.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the identification and evaluation of M&A, organic investment, and partnership opportunities as a strategic thought partner to the Unity Executive team
- Evaluate investment opportunities through market and financial analysis (e.g., market assessment, investment case development, revenue lift or cost saving opportunities, build vs. buy modeling)
- Negotiate with external partners and engage in sophisticated dealmaking
- Coordinate due diligence efforts for opportunities of interest and ensure that assumptions are appropriately challenged and well validated
- Build relationships to effectively gather subject matter expert input, align leadership team and get results
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree with a record of outstanding academic performance in analytical fields (e.g., business/finance, economics, STEM)
- Proven experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital/private equity, or corporate strategy; backgrounds with similar skills will also be considered
- Ability to go deep on specific opportunities while maintaining bigger picture perspective
- A bias for action - capable of applying the 80/20 rule to reach practical answers from incomplete information, avoiding analysis overload or paralysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort and experience interacting with Executive leadership
You might also have
- Experience with games, media & entertainment, advertising / social media, technology infrastructure (e.g., cloud, semiconductors, networking), SaaS, or ecommerce industries
- Flexibility to travel
- An optimistic, can do demeanor
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.