Director & Counsel, Immigration
Who We Are:
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The Director & Counsel, Immigration is charged with leading a team to develop strategies to support the global nature of our business by facilitating immigration advice and counsel for new and current employees.
What You’ll Take On
- Provide legal advice and counsel to human resources, foreign nationals, and hiring managers on all immigration matters in the US, Canada, EMEA, and APAC.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of global non-immigrant visa and permanent residence applications, including management of audits and requests for information, coordinating with and supervising outside counsel as necessary.
- Develop in-house immigration processes and policies and coordinate maintenance of required immigration files and related records.
- Track employee immigration status, expiration dates, and filing dates, identifying and communicating appropriate immigration strategies as necessary.
- Build close relationships with HR and Legal in order to foster a partnering approach.
- Analyze legislative changes on immigration policies and procedures.
What You Bring
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced, high volume, in-house environment, demonstrating responsiveness, good business judgment, flexibility, and self-confidence.
- Experience acting as a trusted business partner enabling businesses to measure and manage risk in a changing landscape.
- The ability to be innovative and provide creative solutions to complex legal problems.
- Knowledge of US, Canadian, and EMEA immigration laws.
- Preferably, a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience practicing immigration law.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with membership in good standing in a US State Bar [US Candidates]
- Valid UK practicing certificate or confirmation of admission to the SRA’s Solicitor’s Register [UK Candidates]
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between $155,000 and $230,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.