Director, Employee Communications
The future of entertainment is interactive, and our Marketing team plays an important role in this future by building content, culture, and community around our brands. We empower audiences to Play, Create, Watch, and Connect across our amazing franchises and experiences, including The Sims, Madden NFL, EA SPORTS FC, Apex Legends, and Battlefield. We’re a multi-functional group, with world-class expertise in building fandoms, driving interactive storytelling, and positioning our franchises at the center of the broader entertainment ecosystem.
Employee Communications is part of our Brand, Communications and Social Impact (BCI) team, which sits within Marketing. BCI is central to communicating EA’s strategic vision of our products through world class, multi-channel campaigns and builds creative global engagement across all touchpoints - making sure our brand is awesome everywhere we show up, including with our own employees. As the Director of Employee Communications, you will develop employee communication strategies, manage transformational change communications and lead our storytelling efforts to our global employees. You will write narratives that connect our leaders and our employees to our business, our culture, our games and each other through creative ways that inspire and entertain employees. You will report to the Global Head of Employee Communications.
- Develop global employee communications strategies and plans that inform, inspire and educate employees
- Lead our quarterly global employee town halls, including building agendas, curating content, planning the end-to-end town hall employee experience in partnership with our executives, events, studios and franchise teams.
- Manage transformational change communications in partnership with the business
- Write stories about our leaders, employees, games, culture, and the values that define EA, in partnership with our Newsroom team
- Create the strategy for message pull through of narratives across multiple, connected internal channels and use data to inform our storytelling strategies and measure message effectiveness across our employee communications channels
- Lead the development of our global employee communications channel strategy and ecosystem
- Support leadership communications with a focus on VPs and people leaders
- Develop messaging to be shared with and used by leadership and our brand, Communications & Social Impact team
- Provide strategic counsel and advice to executives on their employee communications and engagement strategies
- Support team priorities including employee issues management, employee education campaigns and business communications support.
- Apply your understanding of how the world landscape and the world of entertainment and gaming impacts the employee experience and use this knowledge to develop creative communications that engage employees
- Contribute to our long-term team roadmap, centralized resource hub and intranet
- 10+ years of experience in employee communications, including leading content development for town halls or other global meetings or events, managing editorial planning and creating compelling communications and stories
- 5+ years in journalism or an equivalent role
- Expert storyteller with a depth of knowledge in building company narratives
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Leader with experience mentoring and developing people and managing a cross-functional team
- Solid content creation skill across multiple styles of communications (digital, visual, written, etc.)
- Partnering skills with senior executives who leads through influence
- Communicator who works well collaboratively and independently with a viewpoint on the employee experience
- Global perspective and experience working in complex, fast-paced corporate environments
- Work with all levels to build relationships, trust and lead programs at a global scale
- Project management and strategic planning expertise
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Experience working in a gaming or entertainment company helpful
- External communications experience
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $162,300 - $252,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.