Director, HR Business Partner
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Human Resources Director
We are searching for a Human Resources Director to support one of our key business units. AMD’s environment is fast paced, results-oriented, and built upon a legion of brilliant people with a passion for winning technology. The successful candidate will coach, consult and facilitate AMD senior executives on successful human capital strategies, provide business insights through organizational and talent analytics, and drive proactive organizational development and change initiatives. The HR function plays a pivotal role in driving the business and culture through a focus on organization and leadership development, effective change management, workforce planning, and performance optimization. We strive for effective planning, to run solid HR operations processes, and to drive modern human capital practices that effectively DRIVE business results.
At AMD, you can truly have an impact and make a difference. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate HR professional who has demonstrated strong execution and end to end ownership to now innovate in a highly dynamic environment where they can unleash their passion for employee productivity and engagement. Change is a natural part of our business. Those who thrive here seek out clarity in the face of ambiguity, take risks when confronted with the unknown, and do what they say and own what they do. The ideal candidate possesses diversified knowledge and/or exposure to the human resources field.
- Business, Financial and Industry Acumen
- Know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; know the competition; awareness of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Interpersonal, Communication and Consulting Skills
- Consult, coach and execute with the business to identify, develop and drive key human capital initiatives such as leadership development, succession planning, global talent acquisition, and rewards and recognition
- Partner and team with colleagues inside and outside of HR to innovate, enhance, align and drive the effectiveness of enterprise-wide HR programs and initiatives
- Strategically drive pay-for-performance including salary planning, promotions, resource planning, and talent calibration.
- Act as an advisor to business leaders on issues relating to policy interpretation and employee relations
- Facilitating off-site discussions
- Organizational Diagnostics, Analytics, and Problem Solving
- Manage and facilitate organizational design and development
- Analyze and communicate insights using the HR Dashboard and the key talent metrics to provide guidance to the business
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of engagement survey results, identifying trends and collaborating with leaders to identify and implement action planning.
- Gather and explore information, find patterns and solve problems
- Change Management
- Assist people and the organization in moving to new ways of thinking and/or operating
- Use of HR metrics to consult with the business and influence action
- Knowledge and application of processes and programs such as organization development, change management, workforce and succession planning, performance management, employee relations, compensation, training, and recruitment
- Exposure to executive coaching frameworks, tools, and approaches
- Group facilitation and engagement skills
- Operational and project management skills
- Experience building and sustaining positive cross-functional relationships
- Experience working in a complex, global, matrixed organization
- Working effectively in a team, manage conflict, and build trust
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently, take proactive action and deliver results
- Experience with global corporate organizations in Technical/Engineering Company a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in HR and business/HR experience preferred
Austin, TX or Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Number: 187301
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Human Resources
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.