Director, HR, Mergers & Acquisitions
Are you someone who embraces the managed chaos that comes with growth? Are you motivated by jumping between strategic and operational problems?
We are looking for a builder who has experience growing organizations to scale. Reporting to our VP, HR, the Director, HR M&A will lead as a strategic business partner to VP Corporate Strategy and Development and lead a global team that drives the people processes for our acquired teams end to end from negotiations, people due diligence, retention strategy, and onboarding through integration planning and execution. Additionally, this person will work closely with global partner teams including Finance, Compensation, Benefits, People Operations, Legal, and Recruiting.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the HR M&A team —setting clear goals, inspiring phenomenal work, and developing the team
- Play a leadership role in crafting and maintaining direction and strategic roadmap for the people side of the mergers and acquisitions to meet the company’s inorganic growth goals
- Evolve the M&A playbooks and best practices, using automation when possible to improve the employee experience
- Create and deliver plans for employee matters and HR liabilities related to deal execution, due diligence, planning and execution activities for M&A transactions including integration of HR plans, programs and processes that directly results in the success of these strategic investments
- Identify & solve complex cross-functional challenges related to integration, including employee leveling and org design, employee onboarding, total rewards integration, systems integration, etc consistently across the globe, in compliance with local processes and policies
- Craft key performance metrics to measure the impact and efficiency of the program using data and insights to identify trends and influence resource allocations while evaluating the achievement of deal outcomes
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience in mergers & acquisitions, leading HR M&A activities in the technology industry or as an HR M&A consultant
- Our ideal candidate understands what it means to support a rapidly growing, global organization with real-time advice and problem-solving
- Proven ability to leverage data and metrics to develop strategies and programs
- Effectively builds partnerships and influences partners at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable ability to be a strategic Human Resources partner, working directly with senior-level management, preferably having partnered with technical executives
- Data-driven and solution-oriented
- Strong mentor, conflict resolution, relationship and team-building skills, and demonstrated ability to influence
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.