Come join a phenomenal group of people who are creating the forward looking strategy for Netcode functionality in the Unity Engine. Do you enjoy engaging with partners, crafting team vision and working in a highly dynamic group? If you do, then this is the ideal role for you!
At Unity, our customers build all kinds of experiences not only across game genres but beyond games as well. Our multiplayer solutions need the versatility to meet the demands of these applications, enabling new and larger experiences to be made. This crucial leadership role will coordinate all aspects of a highly motivated team dedicated to creating a performant & flexible networking stack, and a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games. Additionally, you will be driving the direction of our Multiplayer suite of tools, the production of Samples and owning the plan for the transport layer. The Director will also drive partner alignment, team cohesion and process evolution.
What you’ll be doing
- Setting short and long term strategy for the domain with partner teams of Product, Program Management and Design.
- Partnering with Technical Leads to create a plan that achieves the strategic direction, defining outcomes and KPI’s.
- Supporting and empowering a team of Technical Leaders to amplify the work being done across the organization
- Collaborating within your organization and with peers to build and align on common practices.
- Anchoring and supporting the team around a shared mission and direction.
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of networking concepts and high-level multiplayer game systems.
- Familiarity with modern game engines and software development principles.
- Previous experience applying collaborative leadership skills across multiple technical teams.
- Ability to nurture alignment in a distributed work environment using agile processes.
You might also have
- Experience mentoring and supporting other leaders and fostering professional growth.
Gross base salary (USD): $190,700-$258,000*
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.