Director of Art
Job Title:Director of Art
COMPANY: Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise, including Call of Duty Warzone 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. We have built a supportive, team-oriented culture dedicated to developing industry-leading talent that creates the best gaming experiences for our players. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
YOUR MISSION: Raven Software is looking for a Director of Art. This is a Department Director position. As a critical member on the leadership team, you will be responsible for the Art department across multiple projects, helping to craft the future of our studio and the Call of Duty franchise. Qualified candidates will have proven game development experience and the leadership skills vital in leading large teams and supporting multiple projects while maintaining constant clear communication with collaborators throughout the organization. Your time will be dedicated to helping both the artist and the team achieve the best possible outcome from our collective efforts.
- Champion healthy work/life balance for our art team
- Provide 1:1 coaching with both individual and Lead Artists to ensure career goals, team alignment, and team health are maintained
- Help develop and make clear paths for Artists’ career development and facilitate performance reviews for the team
- Maintain collaborative partnerships with the other Department Directors, Art Leads, Production, and HR
- Set the team up to realize the vision of the project Art Director and Art Leads
- Be a consistent, steady voice in decisions that help achieve both short-term and long-term goals of the art team
- Partner with the Production department, Art Leads, and recruiting with regards to staffing and hiring
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Experience in team leadership as a video Game Artist
- Experience with staffing, interviewing, and team building
- Takes initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and effective communicator
- High level of emotional intelligence and tact
OUR WORLD: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.