Director of Engineering, Data Infrastructure and Applications, Ads
As part of Unity Ads, the data team provides data solutions and data infrastructure as a service to product teams. Advertising is a data driven with data needs for reporting as well as real time operational and machine learning. We build and operate high availability data solutions at scale together with the product teams to ensure our customers are being served in a detailed and reliable way.
As a leader for Data Infrastructure and Applications you will form a happy and resilient team. The domain covers ensuring data can be processed and operated in an efficient and policy respecting manner for our customers benefit.
This role will look after the organization, vision and execution that allows safe and easy data usage within Unity Ads. In this capacity the role leads crafting the future where technological enablement allows us to leapfrog the data usage. The role will provide Unity Ads with data strategies and ownership for efficient scaling of the existing data and lower barrier of entry for new data usage
What you'll be doing
- Grow and operate the team as a highly effective, cost aware and open technology platform for the rest of organizations benefit.
- Develop a Center of Excellence to attract and grow talent, build common technologies and establish standard methodologies for a lot of data.
- Be a Business Leader who can partner with product managers drive innovative, scalable and effective solutions to enable existing and unlock new business opportunities with Data.
- Guide the vision and future for data and ML solutions and infrastructure to support different product teams strategies.
What we're looking for
- Good at building and encouraging multi-functional relationships and presenting with leadership across multiple organizations
- Ability to lead team partners and distill their amorphous asks into clear roadmap items, guiding them to the right outcomes
- Professional in running large scale distributed systems engineering, operations and development teams.
- Adept people leader, team builder, and grower of individuals.
Gross base salary (USD): $242,000 - $284,900*
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.