Director of Engineering
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people!
What We Need
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Director to help expand our highly-in-demand Engineering Services team. As an Engineering Director, you will be responsible for building and leading a new engineering team from the ground up.
What You Will Do
- Hire, retain, and develop new engineers to support our growing Engineering Services offerings
- Partner with peer leadership to develop a games-focused training program for new hires and recent graduates
- Collaborate other department directors to develop strategies for future initiatives based on the company’s overall objectives
- Directly feedback into technical documentation provided by our studios, due diligence, or other technical discussions in the business
- Evaluate new technologies and APIs
- Monitor and direct engineering leads to help ensure quality deliverables and high client satisfaction
- Participate in resourcing, planning, and tactical execution of initiatives
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Work experience as either an Engineering Director or similar Senior-level leadership role in an engineering department
- Leadership abilities demonstrating ability to scale scaling engineering organization with people, processes, and technology
- Significant hands-on experience in the game's industry, with multiple shipped titles in an engineering role
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.