Director of Events
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a creative senior professional to oversee our global events portfolio including twice yearly TwitchCons. You will build our long-term global events strategy to delight and engage our passionate community and drive primary team goals. The Director of Events is a visible role within Twitch and works in close partnership with many teams around the world. We're looking for someone with demonstrated experience building beloved large-scale, international, complex conventions who can thoughtfully manage multiple partner needs. The Director of Events will manage the team responsible for planning and executing all Twitch brand hosted events, including the operations, content, security, registration, and client engagement.
You can work in San Francisco Bay Area; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA
- Manage a talented team of events professionals, as well as external vendors and contractors
- Own the Twitch brand's global events calendar and strategy
- Build the long-term vision and plan for TwitchCon
- Work with senior executive team, agree on success metrics, and report on progress
- Define success metrics with multiple partners across teams at Twitch
- Work with marketing colleagues including members of the Brand, Creative, Communications and Community teams
- 10 or more years of experience in large-scale event management, operations, and strategy
- Experience working for a global organization
- Several years experience leading and developing a growing team
- Launched new event concepts from idea to execution
- Confidence presenting new ideas that excite and energize peers and leadership
- Experience with the meetings and events industry ecosystem
- Fluency in analytical and financial data
- Flexibility for travel and to work evening hours and some weekends
- Experience in the gaming or adjacent industries
- Familiarity with the Twitch brand
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $165,300 - $202,070 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7953