At GluPlay, we believe you can have fun anywhere, anytime and at any age. That's why we're committed to creating mobile games for everyone to enjoy, including the fan-favorite DASH® games like Diner Dash®, Cooking Dash®, Restaurant Dash™ and Diner Dash Adventures®! Whether you're in line at the store, on your lunch break or lounging at home, you only need a minute to dive into any one of our games—yet you'll find a lifetime of entertainment. Our games are played by tens of millions of fans worldwide, and we're just getting started.
You'll find that as a team, we're extremely close knit and are proud of our hard at work, hard at play culture with a heavy emphasis on making sure you have plenty of work-life balance and family time.
We are looking for a Design Director who can integrate themselves into our Studio Leadership team as we guide our Product and Studio to a successful future. You will also have a passion for developing a small team of Game and User Interface Designers as they work with User Research and PM Teams to provide the highest quality experience for our fans. You are familiar with all the top mobile titles, and bring that wealth of knowledge to bear on content creation, with an understanding of the casual player. You are both creatively and strategically minded, able to make creative use of game systems to create fun challenges.
You'll most often:
- Provide product vision, design approaches and requirements to team members, product owners, senior management and other relevant essential partners through documentation, presentations and visual tools to convey important concepts, mechanics and systems.
- Guide the design of Diner Dash Adventures by bringing creativity, vision, market knowledge, design experience, innovation and a collaborative working style to become an essential design leader on the team.
- Develop systems and behaviors for improving core gameplay, retention, and social game features that monetize, engage and motivate players through amazing game experiences and highly enjoyable progression.
- Understand and assume ownership of freemium game economy to maximize the player experience and revenue potential.
- Observe and analyze user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve/fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- Establish and model important player progression and game economy statements, balance the game towards them.
- Lead UXR testing and translate results into applicable design documentation
- Strengthen a metrics-driven approach to game design, learning from user data to ensure excellent retention, monetization, and meaningful social connections in the game design.
- Lead design reviews/evaluations. Respond to emergent QA and design issues in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals and release plan targets
- Help create a vision for Live Ops that stretches out months at a time with a clear understanding of impact on retention/monetization, working with a Project Manager/Lead to push them into content releases that drive value.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 6+ years of free-to-play game design experience on mobile platforms or the web.
- Experience mentoring others, and experience with multiple product life cycles
- Extensive experience with tear-downs
- Experience with difficulty curves and econ tuning
- Experience working with user interface and user experience design
- Work well in an agile manner with Product Managers, Artists, Producers, and Engineers to deliver excellent games while working within requirements and constraints of technology, schedule and budget
- Create and refine extremely fun game mechanics with compelling and relatable themes
- Strong experience maintaining game data in spreadsheets
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills essential