Director of Game Security: Live Services
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Director of Game Security to join our growing Live Services Experience Integrity team. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing processes to continuously advance our game security program, while evolving the ongoing structure and methods of our enforcement and operations teams. The successful candidate will have experience in the effort to combat cheats in live service / online multiplayer environments. This is a full-time, in-office role based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London..
WHAT WE DO
- The Live Services Experience Integrity team is responsible for protecting the integrity of the online player experience.
- We support all Rockstar titles including Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption from malicious actors and insider threats.
- We work closely with many internal teams on enforcing and supporting our security monitoring platforms.
- Lead and manage a talented team of reverse engineers and analysts engaged in day-to-day anti-cheat operations for our online titles.
- Leverage extensive technical experience to provide direction and develop process around internal technical analysis of cheats, hacks, and other malicious third-party software targeted at our products.
- Work with our internal threat intelligence team to identify trends and provide insightful reporting in cheating and associated threat areas.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of key risk and performance indicators in partnership with our analytics and insights team.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on both game, platform, and business teams internally.
- Partner closely with product management, production, and leadership to define technology, tooling, and process advancements required to defend the online player experience.
- 5+ years of experience in game security, anti-cheat, anti-fraud, or related security functions.
- 3+ years of experience in leading teams, particularly in geographically dispersed locations.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor technical and non-technical individual contributors.
- Experience supporting the ongoing operations of a live service game.
- Deep technical familiarity with reverse engineering concepts and tools, to include common assembly languages as well as Python, C++, C#, etc.
- Knowledge of client-server and peer-to-peer gaming architectures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and a strong track record interfacing with technical and non-technical personnel at a variety of levels.
- Strong ability to translate goals at a strategic business level into actionable, operational objectives.
- Ability to achieve consensus and alignment of stakeholders across diverse disciplines.
- Demonstrated achievement in building consensus and alignment across diverse disciplines.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to distil complex and nuanced issues into structured frameworks and processes.
- A passion for building resilient, competent, and cooperative teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.