Director of Marketing Tech & Lifecycle
Discord is looking for a Director of Marketing Technology & Lifecycle to help acquire new audiences, engage our existing customers, and help grow our business.
As Discord’s Director of Marketing Technology & Lifecycle you will work cross-functionally and partner with Product and Brand Marketers, creatives, product managers, and machine learning engineers as we continue to build impactful programs to acquire, retain, and grow our users.
You are highly analytical, technical, and able to work just as well with Product and Engineering as Marketing and Creative. This role will report to the Head of Consumer Marketing.
As the Director of Marketing Technology & User Lifecycle, you will be responsible for three primary areas:
1). Helping find new ways to acquire and convert users via in-and-out of app channels. From supporting brand and performance campaigns, to optimizing our app store and the first time user experience when you join Discord; you will be responsible for helping us find new ways to acquire and convert users on Discord and do it cost effectively at scale.
2). Supercharge our marketing technology. Working with Product, data science and engineering, help build best-in-class marketing and growth technology tools and systems that drive our business forward including CRM, attribution modeling, and in-and-out of app notifications.
3). Engage, retain, and grow our existing customers. Partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop smart lifecycle campaigns and create in-app product channels and notification systems that help engage our users. You will help us expand and grow our existing user base through marketing tech, tools, and levers.
What you'll be doing
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data Science and Marketing to build, launch, and iterate on new acquisition and engagement programs.
- Identify and build new systems, tools, and technology for Discord working with engineering, product, and data science
- Lead a small team as we continue to evolve and establish the lifecycle & marketing technology organization as a business driver for Discord
- Launch and iterate on programs in-and-out of product that drive new customers, engage existing customers, and grow revenue for Discord, globally.
- Work with finance, legal, and more to remove roadblocks and uncover new growth opportunities
What you should have
- 10+ years experience in marketing, product, growth or marketing technology
- 5+ years of leading a growth, lifecycle, or marketing technology team
- Ability to work with both product, engineering, data and marketing, creative, and brand.
- You lead with passion and vision, and inspire others to deliver their best work while keeping them engaged and happy
- You want to build a forward-thinking, data driven lifecycle marketing organization
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $209,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $167,200/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#LI-Hybrid #buildbelonging #LI-KS1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!