Director of Operations
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Global Services is seeking an Director of Operations to run all aspects of our world-wide central services teams. From the US to Canada to the European Union, we operate multiple teams and locations, each with industry leading artists, engineers, and production support teams. These teams provide both sought-after specialty expertise and capacity to 2K's slate of evergreen and brand-new AAA titles. The Director of Operations will provide confident coordination of resources to our Developers and Publishing organization with excellent communications. Building and growing is what we are all about and this role is pivotal in developing the next generation of game content-creation services.
What You Will Do
- Oversee 2K’s various Studio locations and facilities.
- Build and lead a world-class management group to coordinate staff resources, drive initiatives, and provide clear communications to all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with 2K's Portfolio Operations team to maintain real-time views of available talent, as well as forecast Developer needs.
- Cultivate effective and enduring relationships with 2K's Development Teams; market our Services, and identify strategic opportunities.
- Develop critical metrics and industry-competitive goals for each group and report regularly to leadership on progress.
- Coordinate strategic projects and initiatives from inception to completion.
- Drive a Customer Service mentality at every level of the organization, ensuring our clients receive white-glove service.
- Implement strategies and processes to achieve operational excellence at scalability, predictability, and overall quality.
- Run shared department budgets and drive annual budget needs process, manage quarterly forecasting process.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 10+ years relevant industry experience, and a proven history as Studio Manager, or other senior-level multi-disciplinary management position.
- A consistent record of developing and running strategic plans within scope and budget.
- Strong comprehension and experience with facility and operational budgets, staff month forecasting, and individual performance management.
- Credible and confident, with strong communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external partners at all levels of seniority.
- Solid understanding of the video game industry is preferred but not required.
- Personable and approachable, with a motivational nature and an overall drive for excellence.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emaili