Director of Product
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We\'re an equal opportunity employer, and we\'re excited to build the future of co-living with the world\'s most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
We’re looking for an expert Director of Product to lead the teams developing innovative capabilities for our backend-as-a-service platform. You’ll manage the careers and advise the strategies for multiple product managers while working closely with business and game leadership to identify new opportunities that accelerate 2K’s growth and delight our players!
What You Will Do
- Lead the vision and strategy for a collection of products within our platform organization You will drive alignment with stakeholders. You will champion the needs of the customer, the product and your teams to scale our impact.
- Develop strong, positive partnerships with partners across 2K, including marketing and game production teams. You will inspire trust and confidence in your teams’ abilities to deliver through clear and proactive communication, customer emotional intelligence, and reliable execution.
- Work closely with your peers in engineering and program leadership to plan effectively, validate product and technical assumptions, and iteratively deliver value that moves the needle for 2K and our players. You will chip in to our exchanged views of what good looks like across multiple dimensions of quality. You will advocate among your peers on behalf of the product, the customer, and the player.
- Lead 2-6 senior and mid-level product managers. You will be accountable for their professional growth and enable their success at 2K through strong direction, mentorship, and modeling of leadership behaviors. You will also be accountable for growing your team as your organization’s scope increases with continued success.
Who We Believe Will Be An Excellent Fit
- 5+ years in product management, ideally with 2+ years leading other product managers.
- Experience coaching for performance and culture. Experience recruiting top-level talent eager to tackle new problems in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment. Excited about leveling up your team and committed to cultivating a fun and fulfilling environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves.
- Adept at making pitches to senior management and key partners and winning support for your ideas and those of your teams. You excel at earning trust and are comfortable saying “no”. Superb communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are a must, as is proven attention to detail.
- Sufficiently conversant in technical issues to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences. Understands web APIs, client libraries, SDKs and microservice architectures. Experience with platform products and technologies are a plus.
- Passion for gaming and understanding how online services can drive engagement and monetization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Eager to learn and excited to grow as a product and team leader, and equally excited about growing talent in others!
- Experience in the gaming industry with an understanding of game development or publishing cycles.
We Offer Great Employee Benefits:
A comprehensive benefits program is an important component of your total rewards package. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. offers an attractive benefits program designed to provide you with coverage options with the flexibility to meet both individual and family needs. Some of our offerings include:
- Health Care Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Including Company Contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Group Legal Plan
- Wellbeing Program
- Childcare Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Generous Compassionate Leave
- Companywide End of Year Break
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.