Director of Production
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an experienced leader in Production with a proven track record of building successful teams and processes that consistently tackle complex challenges that arise in the games space. They should be most at home collaborating with other like-minded teams around the world in pursuit of successfully delivering multiple critical projects that service both external and internal customers. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in New York City.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem and related social and messaging channels.
- Build, Manage, and Lead a team of Producers that are responsible for capturing requirements, tasks, and actions that must be completed in order to successfully deliver projects and features for Rockstar Games and Social Club
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure that project goals and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved
- Develop and improve new and existing production methodologies
- Contribute to the development and improvement of our SDLC
- Coach members of the Production team on how to identify and anticipate risks associated with projects currently in development, and how to propose solutions
- Negotiate requirements and their priority for competing projects and feature requests across multiple teams
- Minimum five years of experience in management in a production/development environment with at least one shipped title
- Experience with a Games as a Service title in a leadership role
- Strong understanding and experience in implementing production processes and workflows to support software development
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven design and decision making
- Management experience, with a track record of building successful teams and continuing to grow and empower them to perform at a high level
- Familiarity on implementing and working in a KPI-focused environment, and delivering ROI
- Collaborative, proactive, accountable, and motivated team mindset
- Familiarity with programming and/or scripting languages
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating effective virtual and in-person meetings
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies.
- Ability to work with and build consensus across various department heads, team leads, producers, developers, and testers to consistently deliver multiple projects on time.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product, development, and management teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Tableau, Monday, JIRA, Confluence and other project tracking and bug database software.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.