Director of Tech Art
What We Need
Global Services, 2K\'s premier in-house central resource agency, is seeking a Technical Art Manager to build and lead a dynamic team of Technical Artists to support our portfolio of AAA games. You will be responsible for ensuring project quality and the well-being of team members as they work across our entire portfolio, providing high quality tools, technology, and processes, in support of top-tier developers. This role is pivotal in developing the next generation of game content-creation services.
What You Will Do
- Build a world-class Technical Art team of Riggers, Material Designers, Tools Scripters, Simulation Experts, and more.
- Build and maintain multi-project production schedules, staff development plans, and department growth opportunities.
- Connect with development partners to understand technical art needs and define opportunities to evolve the team\'s craft.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members and guide their career development and progression.
- Create an inclusive environment and thriving team culture.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of team budget and staff allocations.
- Develop standards and metrics for budgeting and supervising technical art tasks.
- Champion the development of standardized tools and pipelines to benefit all studios and games.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 5+ years project management experience and 5+ years team leadership experience.
- Excellent at cultivating positive working relationships with internal partners and development teams.
- Proven experience in video games, film, or television.
- Comprehensive understanding of the technical art landscape within game development.
- Demonstrable solutions-based approach to sophisticated challenges across teams and disciplines.
- Experience in project management methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Familiar with project management tools, such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.