Director, Production, Solid State Studio
Job Title:Director, Production, Solid State Studio
Welcome to Solid State Studios. We’re a new in-house studio within Activision, dedicated to developing
the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is Call of Duty: Warzone for Mobile, and we’re
looking for great talent passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on
mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite
you to join us in making something special!
Solid State Studios is currently seeking an experienced Director of Production for the studio that will
have both project and studio responsibilities.
● Act as primary point of contact with Studio Executives and peer leaders within studio
● Manage, coach, and develop Production staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base
● Manage Sr. Producers and potentially discipline leads with a focus on development, mentorship
and long-term career growth
● Be a point of contact to different Publishing groups including Production, Legal, PR and
● Mentor producers and associate producers, and helping to drive a culture of success
● Establish model behavior that supports Activision’s standards of professionalism, integrity, and
● Build studio culture
● Collaborate with partner studio Directors and Leads to establish feature priorities, long-term
feature schedules, and milestone definitions between respective studios.
● Lead the leaders by driving the development of multiple game features and content
workstreams managed by Solid State Studio from concept to completion
● Focus on quality and development experience to deliver best-in-class on glass
● Understand and communicate project milestones, task deadlines, and stakeholder feedback to
team members and executives across the studio
● Predict, identify, and propose solutions for project risks and issues
● Identify, communicate, and resolve potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns,
and scope changes.
● Be in constant communication with project Leads and Directors across all studios to make sure
the expectations are clear and realistic
● Be a part of the team – this is a complex product and a matrixed development strategy that
requires overcoming novel problems as a part of a 4 studio development team.
● 10+ years of success in the game industry
● Shipped multiple game titles with large internal or external development teams
● Expertise in leading complex/matrixed relationships and negotiating changes to
● Comprehensive understanding of game development on mobile platforms, from concept to
submission and sustained development post-launch.
● Strong critical-thinking skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver
against agreed deadlines.
● The ability to confidently articulate and communicate goals, ideas and concepts using
outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
● Ability to interact and communicate with senior executives and navigate matrixed organizations
to ensure successful project delivery and acceptance
● Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
● Ability to work with others across the organization to achieve goals via influence rather than
● Experience as an administrator with development planning tools (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Trello,
● Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
● Experience with First Person Shooters or Online FPS
● Experience in large scale distributed development environments
Solid State Studio is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live operations
for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of
AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a
mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work
on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry’s best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class
franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people
producing greatness together. We’re looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds
passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.