As a member of the Global Communications team, the Director, Public Relations is responsible for building and implementing Ubisoft’s global strategic corporate PR plan to reinforce the group’s reputation amongst all external audiences. Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, and supported by a team of six PR Managers and PR Specialists, the Director, Public Relations acts as a central point of contact for Ubisoft’s worldwide Communications teams. The role will require an important blend of people management, collaboration and hands-on operational PR tasks. We are looking for an experienced manager with excellent people skills and in-depth knowledge of the games/tech/entertainment industries.
In this role you will:
- Define, roll out and adapt regularly the corporate PR strategy for Ubisoft with the goal of promoting the Ubisoft brand amongst all external audiences (media, partners, candidates...) on a global level.
- Coordinate efficiently all incoming corporate PR requests from internal and external partners (via the worldwide network of Ubisoft PR managers as well as business, production and corporate teams (corporate affairs, CSR, D&I…).
- Oversee the creation of PR materials for all corporate topics (messaging, Q&A, press releases, statements…) and guarantee the quality of all deliverables.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and new communications approaches in order to innovate on Ubisoft’s corporate PR actions (through new and original event formats, speaking opportunities, activations…).
- Collaborate with a worldwide network of PR managers – advise, coach and accompany them in rolling out the global plan on a local level.
- Liaise with business and development teams to ensure that product communications (pre and post-launch) are aligned with global priorities and objectives.
- Keep abreast of evolutions in the video game and broader tech and entertainment industries (online safety, industry working conditions, business practices, societal topics), and establish the potential impact, opportunities and risks of these evolutions for Ubisoft.
- Manage a multi-cultural team of six PR Managers and PR Specialists. Support them in their day to day activities and accompany their growth and career development.
- Manage additional virtual teams and agency partners.
- Provide regular reporting to management, use data to adjust and optimize the global corporate PR plan/actions when relevant.
The person in this role should have an analytical mind and creative spirit, the ability and initiative to tackle tasks big and small, attention to detail, and dedication to driving results. They also should possess intellectual curiosity, and a strong interest in the video game industry and the evolving field of communications. You should have/be :
- Significant experience in an international public relations leadership role, whether in-house or in-agency preferably in the video game/tech/entertainment industry
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills.
- A team player who will prioritise collaboration and lead by example
- Ability to keep many plates spinning, interact with multiple stakeholders, and think fast
- Diplomacy and tact when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Confidence in providing counsel to C-suite level leadership in their communications needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Word.
- Bilingual FR/EN (with English to native level)
This job is in HQ