Director - QA Software Engineering & Development
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
The 2K DNA Software Engineering Group is looking for an exceptional engineering leader to help us build the central tech platforms for all our games. As a member of our fast-paced team, you will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to work on groundbreaking technology and drive end-to-end quality that will result in customer experiences that surprise and delight. Quality is an important aspect of our products, and as a Platform Quality QA Leader you will have a significant impact on helping to deliver functional and stable products to our internal development teams, game teams and millions of customers. We’re looking for someone with an upbeat personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and passion for a positive user experience that can thrive in a constantly evolving environment.
What you will do
- Build and maintain the processes, systems and tools used to implement network quality assurance to ensure the highest quality and performance for our proprietary platform.
- Document QA guidelines, and providing training for our QA & operations teams
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to develop the systems, practices and processes into our core infrastructure that will allow 2K DNA to lead network QA at scale
- Build and be responsible for the team and resources required to deliver ongoing best in class QA for 2K centralize Tech platform
- Move between the organizational and tactical execution layer as you seek to understand test problems so that you can build and run both the short-term and long-term solutions to fix those concerns.
- Establish and Grow KPIs for all product teams through expanding metrics to reflect quality indicators
- Be responsible for identifying risks and working with the appropriate product development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to resolve the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Formal QA certification, such as ISTQB or equivalent experience
- Experience in both software and games development
- Experience in reviewing requirements and creating test plans with automation in mind
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management standard processes, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Technical Background - has the ability to contribute in day-to-day efforts when needed
- Supported a SaaS product
- Proven experience with load testing, Stress testing and operationalizing services
- Experience working with Game Engines
- Experience in DevOps
We Offer Phenomenal Employee Benefits:
A comprehensive benefits program is an important component of your total rewards package. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. offers an attractive benefits program designed to provide you with coverage options with the flexibility to meet both individual and family needs. Some of our offerings include:
- Health Care Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Including Company Contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Group Legal Plan
- Wellbeing Program
- Childcare Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Generous Compassionate Leave
- Companywide End of Year Break
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.