Director, Server System Validation Engineering - 160621
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Director, Server System Validation Engineering
This team is a key gatekeeper for quality of our server products with a specific emphasis on using hundreds of servers to validate the full functionality of our server products. The team works as an integral part of our design, product engineering, platform SW, and HW teams to ensure we launch products with highest quality standards on time as committed to our customers. They develop and execute system validation test plans to ensure functional correctness and electrical robustness of all CPU features partnering closely with the centralized IP/domain, electrical, and performance validation teams. The validation team must engage from the beginning (to ensure all elements of post-silicon validation readiness and smooth customer solution integration) and stay engaged through post-launch (as our customers continue to expand their offerings based on our products).
- The leader must collaborate well with cross-company development, manufacturing, and business leads to deliver high quality products at competitive costs and schedule.
- He/she is the lead server technical leader driving the strategy and execution of validation on our cluster of servers to find and solve at-scale functional and electrical issues ahead of product launch.
- Sound and rapid decision-making skills, ability to handle ambiguity, and consistent visible leadership during customer issues is a must.
- The leader will be the primary voice of quality from validation organization for the associated full server product family.
- Executive level communications on status, problem resolutions, and decisions required is of utmost importance given the fast paced environment.
- Individual will partner closely with our At Scale Validation capabilities team and IP/Domain Validation execution teams (as well as all other product development and business peers) and must be able to lead engineers as One AMD.
- A knowledge on server CPU SoC microarchitecture and system architecture w/ understanding of post- and pre-silicon flows .. will have responsibilities in both.
- Hands-on work on a variety of different technical items especially related to generating the required stress through concurrent system traffic via off-the-shelf stressware and synthetic hw/sw environments. These technical items will also vary in complexity end success requires growing and empowering a very strong, global, and diverse team of AMD server engineers.
- Part of the responsibility is to coordinate with central power/performance and customer (co) teams.
- The role will involve high level visibility of the most senior leaders inside and outside of the company.
- BSEE; MSEE preferred
- Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 160621
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.