Director, Validation Program Manager - 164922
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL VALIDATION PROGRAM MANAGER
A Senior Hardware Technical Program Manager to lead post-silicon validation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to define and lead cross-discipline development work on new & existing Cores that will power the next generation of Client & Data center SoC's.
The ideal candidate will be technical, creative, a strong communicator, and able to orchestrate a development team and drive solutions in collaboration with other teams and stakeholders.
Knowledgeable in project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and have demonstrated proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
- Work with engineering and product management to translate business requirements into technical/functional specifications.
- Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability.
- Drive engineering project execution, make technical trade-offs, track and report on status, and resolve customer issues.
- Coordinate cross-team efforts spanning our varied and diverse partner teams and stakeholders.
- Bring-up readiness for all new projects
- 15+ years of experience in the hardware industry, taking products through their complete lifecycle (can be a mix of technical and program management experience).
- Track record of successfully delivering complete systems (hardware, firmware, software) on time, to scope, with high quality.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
- Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with engineers, partners, and stakeholders.
- High sense of ownership, bias for action, and drive.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
Requisition Number: 164922
Country: United States State: California City: Roseville
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.