Display Diagnostics Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Display Diagnostics Engineer
The diagnostics team is responsible for developing tests and suites for display IP design verification. We are heavily involved in diagnostics development for the latest innovations that power the ultimate visual and computing experience. We understand the features that go into the hardware design and we have the software skills to program them to life. Once developed these diagnostics are used in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from pre-silicon validation through the production life of the product. This team is essential to the success of AMD. You will be working with the very best in our technology, while working on some of the most exciting projects the industry has to offer.
The successful candidate for this role will be an integral part of our diagnostics development team through code development, debug, emulation and HW feature validation. We are seeking a forward thinker to improve development process and drive innovation.
- Define display IP (pixel data processing, power saving, HDMI, DP, security) test strategy and diagnostics coverage by working with ASIC IP design team
- Lead display IP feature bring-up and validation on both pre-silicon environment (FPGA, SoC emulator) and post-silicon system (real ASIC and platform)
- Identify and help resolve ASIC, board and firmware issues, provide diagnostics support to external customers and internal engineering teams
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers
- Responsible for execution of programs, multiple projects on the go
- Forward thinker to improve development process and drive innovation
- Proven experience on driver or embedded SW development and closely interact with HW designers
- Strong mix of large-scale software development ability and hardware understanding
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
- Familiar with source controls systems like Perforce, SVN and Git
- Familiar with Linux, knowledge and experience of device driver or firmware development is required
- Hands-on experience with any one of board bring up, system issue triage is preferred.
- Display IP (pixel data processing, HDMI/DP/FRL/Audio, security) experience
- Display pixel data processing algorithms
- Display technologies on scaling, blending, Eyefinity, FreeSync, PSR, Stutter, HDCP, HDMI2.1, DP2.0, HDR, Backlight control
- Strong debugging and testing skills
- Strong communication skills
B.Sc. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Requisition Number: 178241
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.