EDA Software and Infrastructure Manager - 161527
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
EDA SOFTWARE & INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER - 161527
This is a technical Manager position for an EDA Automation team working on software for automated construction of hardware designs, design verification software and Infrastructure software. The candidate is expected to do some hands-on work on CAD/EDA software development and methodology creation as well as manage and lead a team of technical contributors working in these areas. The AMD Verification Methodology and Tools (VMT) team delivers verification methodology, automation around design creation and verification, related software and flows for all AMD project teams and product lines. This position is in the VMT team and is designed to lead a world-class technical team to create the next generation automation and infrastructure technologies. In this capacity he or she will steer and mentor team members and drive innovations into all of AMD’s Business Units. Are you up for this challenge? Then come join us!
A successful candidate in this senior position is expected to excel in analytical thinking, problem solving, organizing data, gathering requirements, planning and execution. He/she needs to be a self-starter who collaborates well with team members and customers alike to successfully drive tasks to completion. The expectation is to drive technical customer relationship with AMD project teams and drive solutions across the board, world-wide.
The biggest asset is going to be the ability to motivate the team, drive positive changes, bring in best practices, enable the right EDA development capabilities across the board as well as the ability to deliver with quality and efficiency.
The successful candidate will assume technical responsibilities and hands-on technical architect role responsible for providing complex design methodologies in this space. The following is a list of key responsibilities that the candidate will assume:
- Manage an EDA software team consisting of members working on various aspects of front-end design construction and verification topics as well as infrastructure
- Collaborate with the team and technical leads on real world problems
- Collaborate with hardware development teams: understand their process, data and problems
- Provide scalable, innovative solutions to a large variety of customers working on a variety of semiconductor products
- Responsible for the entire life cycle: gathering requirements from AMD’s internal customer teams, prioritizing based on available resources and project priorities, deliver plans for execution and lead the team through technical development, deployment and support of automation
- Play a strong role in understanding AMD's existing systems, creating new ones, defining roadmaps, creating methodologies around front end automation and infrastructure
- Provide leadership in EDA development technologies such as SW development best practices, reviews, architect next-gen solutions, provide leadership to entire team
- Collaborate with EDA vendors for tool trainings, evaluation and deployment and drive EDA vendors toward common solutions across AMD
- Understand the requirements for register and design interface descriptions and functional modeling of design descriptions for next-gen AMD projects and plan automation around it, execute development of EDA software automation and deliver quality solutions
- Provide guidance in complex system design abstraction and automation using IP-XACT technology
- Utilize strong knowledge on hardware register design, verification and implement automation around automatic register flow generation
- Provide leadership in continuous integration flows and involved build solutions for IPs and SOCs working on AMD projects world-wide
- Identify innovative approaches based on SW development practices
- On the infrastructure side, the expectation is to provide guidance on modern web-based solutions and services, implementations that play seamlessly with Cloud infrastructure
- Deploy new compute farm technologies such as containers, distributed-storage, distributed compute at scale and techniques such as volume cloning
- Squeeze out inefficiencies and create automation for most effective utilization of precious compute resources.
Deep experience with EDA software development, technical management of mid-sized teams, ability to architect solutions to deep problems in front end design construction and verification and implementing infra are a must. Key items of interest are:
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills with experience communicating at executive levels.
- Managerial and Technical team leadership.
- Project execution.
- Customer and partner relations.
- Proposals and new initiatives.
- Experience in EDA tool development, scripting and modern software development practices.
- Familiarity with front end design and verification flows in a semiconductor company
- A strong working knowledge of IP-XACT focused on interfaces and register descriptions.
- Familiarity with design Infrastructure such as lsf, building complex systems, interfacing with cloud computing, web-based solutions and experience with web-based systems and REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Some exposure, knowledge and/or interest in some of the following topics/technologies -- Event/Messaging Services such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS Kinesis, etc.
- Some experience with Docker/Kubernetes/Containerization, Cloud Services, Microservices and DevOps would be beneficial.
- Good to know -- Verilog, SystemVerilog, DV testbenches
- Good to know -- EDA Tools: VCS or ncsim, VCS-NLP, VC-LP, Synopsys Coretools.
- Awareness of the latest developments in the industry on Design Verification topics and software development topics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and needs to be a team player.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer engineering or Computer Science.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 161527
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Engineering Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.