Editor Tech Programmer - Asset System [Snowdrop]
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
We are seeking a talented C++ Developer to join our Editor Tech team and work on our Asset system. This critical system is used by all content creators within our organization, making it a pivotal responsibility. You will have the opportunity to work on a system with numerous features and contribute to an area that Snowdrop is actively investing in.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Core Asset System Development. Maintain and enhance our core asset system for stability and modularity. Enable the sharing of assets between projects.
- Asset System Enhancements. Develop new features and functionalities for the Asset system based on content creator needs. Improve asset workflows to streamline processes.
- Asset Validation and Storage. Expand our asset validation system to further improve data integrity. Explore asset storage solutions and asset versioning capabilities.
- User-Facing Asset Tools. Further develop our user-facing asset browser to facilitate asset management. Develop asset analyzing tools to optimize asset usage.
- Collaboration and Optimization. Collaborate with the development team to enhance and maintain the Asset system. Optimize and troubleshoot the Asset system for smooth and efficient operation.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration. Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and offer technical solutions. Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and consistency.
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
We are seeking a diligent programmer with a passion for codebase exploration and a knack for identifying strengths and weaknesses in our engine. You should possess robust expertise in C++ and a track record of working with expansive codebases encompassing both modern and legacy code of varying quality. Besides the above we’re looking for someone who is well organized, aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proficient in C++ programming.
- A genuine interest in the game industry.
- Solid knowledge of large data bases and algorithms.
- Prior experience in game development or asset management systems is advantageous.
- Familiarity with the Snowdrop engine or similar game engines is a plus.
- Interest to work with cloud tech.
What you’ll get
A fun, creative, and passionate workplace.
Here you will get to work in a constantly evolving environment with a range of new technologies and it will be your responsibility to provide requirements and use-cases to developers working with Continuous Integration. To ensure that best practices are clearly defined and documented you will collaborate with the Snowdrop Documentation team.
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.