Embedded Business Unit Operations Manager
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Embedded Business Unit Operations Manager will manage and oversee portions of the business planning, financial analysis, executive communications, and supply/inventory management processes. In this highly collaborative role, you will work with engineering leaders, product line owners, finance teams, and executive management to control the business unit P&L.
The successful candidate demonstrates the ability to synthesize large amounts of data to provide key recommendations, model financial scenarios, and have clear confident executive communication skills. Well qualified candidates will have experience and/or knowledge of the microprocessor industry, financial analysis, demand/supply planning and operations management.
- Develop and run financial models to enable quick scenario planning. Bridge between the business unit and supporting finance teams.
- Monitor yields, cost, pricing, and product gross margins to ensure business is tracking to deliver gross margin and contribution operating profit goals.
- 4. Creates Monthly Operations Forecast (MOF) for business unit. Coordinate across accounts, Finance and Global Operations to ensure a sound business plan that meets critical financial objectives and balances new product development timelines, product transitions, new account status and supply chain constraints.
- Manage the weekly business unit Attainment process. Host the Attainment Call including preparation of supporting material and meeting administration. Coordinate across the accounts, Finance, Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure quarterly financial goals are achieved.
- Leads near term tactical supply issues including setting of weekly direction with Supply Chain team and coordinating closely with Semi-custom account teams. Works with Embedded account teams on early product ramps and end-of-life plans.
- Business acumen – The ability to analyze markets, build business cases, develop pricing strategies, and build product transition strategies.
- Financial analysis, P&L management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to convey concepts and recommendations at multiple levels in the organization
- Background in operations management
- Ability to generate consultant quality presentations. mange executive communications including customer and board level material
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, or another technical field; MBA preferred.
- Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 181821
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Marketing
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.