Reporting to the Sr PR Manager, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for all PR activities to ensure Europe-wide media coverage of Pokémon app and videogame titles. In addition, this role will also be responsible for Animation PR and other Brand PR initiatives as directed by the Sr PR Manager.
- Working closely with the Videogame Marketing and App Marketing Product Management teams and Sr PR Manager to formulate and execute EMEA-wide PR plans for videogame and app products.
- Lead day-to-day PR for TV/Movie animation & eCommerce.
- Leading our network of pan-European PR agencies to maximize coverage.
- Development of briefing documents for external agencies.
- Writing and translation coordination of press materials as required; creation, control and dissemination of visual art assets; development of story angles and creation of content that will resonate with the target media.
- Organise and manage app and game previews/hands-on events for media.
- Developing reports for internal communication: internal sign-off of plans and reporting of results.
- Coordinating with internal and external partners/stakeholders such as Nintendo and Niantic.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Pokémon videogames and apps and be conversant in their key selling points.
- Ad-hoc related PR tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A passion for video gaming on mobile and console; able to provide insight and experience from previous game launches.
- 5+ years of experience in PR and brand management from the videogames industry. The ideal candidate will have worked both in an agency environment and in an in-house role.
- Existing strong relationships with key media in EMEA.
- Impeccable written and oral English communication skill with a keen eye for detail – ability to draft communications which concisely convey core messages.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with influencers.
- A great communicator, coordinator, organiser and presenter who can effectively and efficiently run projects and engage with people inside and outside the organisation.
- Previous experience of organising and hosting games media events.
- A passionate brand ambassador who knows how to develop a story and get the media across all channels to cover it.
- Experience in strategic messaging and positioning. You must be able to effectively construct a compelling message or story that resonates with the target media.
- The ideal candidate will have recent experience in delivering a full PR campaign for a highly successful mobile game app across various European markets.
- University Graduate degree (minimum 2.1 or equivalent).
- Marketing/PR qualifications desirable.
- European Foreign language skills a plus.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- The role is principally based in London – however TPCi London staff may work from home till January 2022. This policy is subject to change.
- From January 2022 TPCi will implement a hybrid Working From Home – Office working pattern. Full details available on application.
What to Expect:
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a VISA.