Employee Relations Advisor
Job Title:Employee Relations Advisor
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment. Supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role is offered on a hybrid- working basis, meaning there will be a split of being based at our UK office in Soho, London and also work from home.
As a part of the newly formed “centre of expertise” Employee Relations team, you will facilitate the transformation of our ER work across all Activision Blizzard Entertainment and King entities in EMEA (UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany, Spain).
Through handling of critical employee relations issues that are crisis- oriented and time critical, acting as a challenger of current practices you will elevate the care and attention that we provide our employees. You will work in close partnership with our HR and legal department to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimising risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace.
Priorities can often change in an evolving environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following accountabilities:
- Manage end to end employee relations casework, including but not limited to, disciplinary and grievance, absence management and performance management.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all actions and documentation relating to cases being managed through to conclusion.
- Facilitate trainings to build employee relations abilities among HR community and people managers
- Coach and influence HR Business Partners on interventions required for individuals, managers, and/or teams on preventing employee relations risks, effective management of performance cases, giving performance feedback, and increasing employee engagement
- Support ad-hoc projects
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of directly applicable HR and Employee Relations experience handling complex casework
- Excellent knowledge of UK and/or Ireland employment law and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues.
- Knowledge of other EMEA employment laws and regulation preferred but not necessary.
- Sound judgement and decision making, with the ability to identify and resolve problems, provide solutions, and take necessary actions to prevent them from developing in future.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with stakeholders, employees, and HR peers to ensure effective team collaboration and an enhanced employee experience
- Excitement to build Employee Relations COE and participate in foundational efforts
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under- represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.