Emulation / Prototyping Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Emulation / Prototyping Infrastructure Engineer
In this role the individual will be a part of the VBU infrastructure team responsible for architecting, developing and initial deployment of core methodology infrastructure and tools to create greater efficiency in how our customers use the hardware and services we provide. This role will work closely with external vendors and internal AMD teams across business units to deliver industry leading Hardware Emulation and Prototyping methodologies and tooling solutions to allow the company to meet challenges in producing state of the art compute, graphics and adaptive silicon technologies. The individual will work with VBU leadership to define technical scope and priorities and be responsible for driving technical execution of the work.
Looking for a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills and a strong background in developing infrastructure and / or tooling to support a large user base. The candidate will have experience and/or fluency in
- Tools and solutions development for a large user base
- Pre-silicon Emulation / Prototyping and or Pre-Silicon Verification execution / tools development
- Strong modern software development practices
- C++, Python and scripting language fluency expected, TCL, csh, bash scripting a plus
- Experience with database development / structure and deployment in support of front-end application functionality.
- This person will be an integral member of the VBU infrastructure team chartered with building and refining data collection, analysis solutions
- Working with VBU leadership to leverage data and infrastructure processes to identify opportunities for efficiency and throughput improvement
- Work with other members of the infrastructure and larger VBU team to review, architect and develop additional pieces of infrastructure across compile, runtime and user workflows leveraging python, TCL, perl or other language knowledge.
Day-to-day duties may include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with teammates within VBU as well as key internal customer teams to enhance or develop new software tooling
- Peer technical mentoring to foster and promote best software development practices
- Lead technical review meetings with vendors and internal customers to define and document new workflow and or tooling requirements
- Individual as well as group software development tasks
- Hardware ASIC design / verification
- Emulation and/or Prototyping deployment or usage experience
- 5+ years in infrastructure, database, flow scripting design and development experience
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 181922
Country: United States State: MA City: Boxborough
Job Function: Engineering Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.