Emulation Systems Engineer - 160822
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Emulation Systems Engineer - 160822
With AMD's Client engineering teams, you will be exposed to the world’s best Desktop/PC and Mobile CPU, GPU and APU processors for accelerated system computing power. As an AMD Client Engineer you will have visibility to cutting edge multi-layered security features, H-Series processors optimized for gamers and creators, and U-Series processors optimized for thin and light notebooks. In addition, you will learn how AMD achieves unprecedented performance and battery life with 7nm “Zen 3” core architecture. Zen is delivering a 19% IPC and up to 26% gaming performance generational uplift, with power efficiency up to 2.8X greater than the performance-per-watt of our competition. Come join our world class client engineering team providing rapid career growth advancement, and access to cutting edge client technologies, through its year over year record-breaking market share, product performance and revenue gains!
Come join the team responsible for driving AMD’s Shift-Left strategies for Client APUs, planning and execution of our Client Compute Products, which are used by major OEM and compute solution customers in the world. In this role, you get to interact with multiple stakeholders (firmware/BIOS, SW, IP, DV, system architects) to plan, create, execute, and debug system use cases on emulation/FPGA platforms, in addition to advancing pre-silicon infrastructure to expand validation capabilities.
AMD is seeking a senior emulation system engineer who thrives in an environment that requires creative debugging skills, drive to improve pre-silicon system validation coverage capabilities, and a passion for improving our overall Shift-Left strategies and goals.
- Responsible for the design and development of test environment components to support the pre-silicon validation of embedded firmware, BIOS code features, SW and directed tests.
- Responsible for writing directed tests to verify features in a co-simulated and emulated/FPGA hardware environment.
- Responsible for writing monitors and checkers to support end-to-end firmware/hardware validation.
- Responsible for writing and developing coverage goals and test plans.
- Responsible for running emulator workloads to test new features.
- Experience with FPGA and/or emulation platforms (Veloce, Palladium, ZEBU, HAPs, Protium)
- Experience developing System Verilog based test content.
- Experience developing C++, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell and TCL test content.
- Experience validating hardware features for at least 3 or more projects in a pre-silicon environment.
- Experience debugging failures using waveform viewers, log files and microcode trace dumps.
- Experience debugging software using debuggers and trace files.
- Knowledge of UEFI, coreboot, Chrome, Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of low power and secure boot features
- Knowledge of x86 and/or ARM SoC Architecture
- Knowledge of one or more protocols; SPI, DDR, SATA, USB, AXI, PCI, PCIe, MIPI, WLAN or I2C
One of the following combinations of Degree and Experience.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science with 8+ years of pre-silicon hardware verification experience
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Engineering with 8+ years’ experience in writing Software modules to validate hardware.
- Bachelors/Masters in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years’ experience in developing OOP based software components and 2 to 3 years’ experience in pre-silicon verification
Requisition Number: 160822
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.