Engagement Data Analyst
Job Title:Engagement Data Analyst
Job Title: Engagement Data Analyst EMEA
Reporting To: Senior Manager BI EMEA
Department: Finance / BI
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
The Engagement Data Analyst will work closely with BI, the Consumer Analytics team in the HQ in Santa Monica / Irvine and our local territory teams to build reporting and analysis by territory on the engagement of our games and their monetisaton.
As Activision Blizzard looks towards the next step in analytics and insights, there is a large opportunity to help drive concise metrics and deep analysis of in-game events and activities. Your undertaking includes:
- Generate, update and maintain dashboards that can be used to drill down by country.
- Develop requirements for, and monitoring of, intuitive dashboards while automating the recurring needs and requests.
- Providing player insights to European Leadership Team (ELT) by territory in support of Live Services and Mainline Titles (proactively & reactively).
- Deriving the narrative from data and tell convincing stories to partners.
- Be an expert on business metrics, player & behavioral insights for the organization.
- Communicate franchise health on a broad suite of Blizzard titles through regular reporting.
- Develop new analysis outside of regular reporting to inform the business how to further drive player acquisition, engagement, monetization, and churn mitigation.
- Collaborate with our data science and innovation teams to ensure best practices and knowledge sharing occurs.
Your First Year:
The launch of any expansion / new title will be the highlight of the year and for that date, we will need you to ensure all relevant data are available by country, territory and region for analysis.
In that time you will need to get a strong understanding of our Live Ops model and which KPIs are important to follow on a territory level.
Keeping strong ties with the Analytics team in Santa Monica and Irvine will be critical to ensure best practices are followed
As your experience and understanding grows you will be a key contributor to the team meetings and will help the business to get a deep understanding of the key Engagement KPIs. Increased knowledge will allow you to cast a critical eye on reporting and contribute to variance analysis with insightful commentary.
We have a tremendous amount of data on how gamers play our games. We need, however, an analytics expert who has the passion, experience, skills and ability to turn that data into action – all driving towards growing gamer fun. Your background includes:
- Gaming background with knowledge of industry standard monetization systems and methods.
- Strong technical skills with SQL (BigQuery). Skills with Phyton & stats (R) is a plus.
- Strong skills on crafting insightful dashboards using Tableau.
- Skilled at being able to derive the narrative from the data and tell convincing stories.
- Strong presentation skills using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in database mining with at least 20TB datasets.
- Experience in data lake exploration with at least 1PB of data.
- Proven ability to drive significant business lift through analysis / modeling.
- Gameplay analysis experience, with a solid understanding of the connection of gameplay to spending behavior.
- Process-oriented driving toward visibility, accountability, and communication.
- Team-oriented, ability to build long-lasting relationships effectively.
- Successful communicator and regular presenter to Executive Leadership.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or criteria, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage all to apply.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.