Engagement Design Intern
Engagement Design Intern
Contract: Intern (Temporary - 6 months)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Work Model: Hybrid
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. Our mission is to attract and grow a more diverse employee base through the cultivation of our early talent pipeline to shape EA's teams, culture and products.
Within our European Internship Programme, we create an overall enriching experience, empowering interns and graduates with the sense that "EA is where I want to be". For more information, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/early-careers.
The Challenge Ahead
We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful 20-years old Battlefield franchise. We strongly believe our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and are always looking for diverse game creators to help us build the best Battlefield experiences and make our studio the best in the industry.
DICE is a multiplayer powerhouse and will use its expertise to continue developing Battlefield's one-of-a-kind multiplayer suite, while also building a team to support our new Seattle-based studio, Ridgeline Games, who are leading the development of a single-player narrative campaign. Ripple Effect Studios is then focused on creating an entirely new Battlefield experience to complement and build upon the series' foundations.
We're looking for an Engagement Design Intern like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to improve ourselves and our craft.
- Design and implement engaging gameplay mechanics and systems such as missions.
- Collaborate with the design team to create and iterate on player progression systems, including rewards, achievements and challenges.
- Conducting research on player behaviour and comparisons with other games on the market to inform the design of engaging gameplay experiences.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as art and engineering to ensure the successful implementation of engagement focused content.
- You must be enrolled with a university or education provider that has an internship period planned into the education plan, for example, LiA.
- Eligible to work in Stockholm,Sweden, without the need for visa/relocation support
- Proficient with industry-standard game design tools using Visual Scripting, such as Unity, Unreal Engine, or similar software.
- Knowledge of game design principles, including player motivation, progression, and reward systems.
- Ability to take and incorporate feedback and iterate on designs accordingly
Take your career to the next level - apply now!
Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter (in English) which explains why you would like to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific role.