Ubisoft Belgrade is looking for a talented Engine Programmer to join our growing Google Stadia team! As an Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for developing and adapting low-level systems and architecture of our industry-leading AAA game engines to the newly emerging cloud gaming platform based on the Linux system. The new platform offers opportunities for designing creative solutions for existing features, but also brings opportunities for realization of novel ideas through technical solutions that are opening room for so far unseen features in the gaming world.
- Integrate and update internal and 3rd party libraries used in various parts of the system
- Perform platform specific optimizations
- Propose needed improvements by designing and implementing new systems
- Write clean and structured code, keeping in mind the performance, maintenance and compatibility needs
- Develop generic systems which will support the specialized programs' functionalities (AI, 3D, etc.) and facilitate their integration in the engine
- Use CPU profiling tools (various platforms) and bring necessary improvements
- Analyze and fix the bugs identified by other production and quality control teams
- Document the work for knowledge transfer and allow the users to understand how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Good knowledge of C++ programming
- Knowledge of C# programming is a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software programming
- Familiarity with engines and tools used in the video game production pipeline is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Fluency in English
- Opportunity to work and learn from the most technically gifted people in the gaming industry using latest technology and solutions
- Modern and cozy offices in downtown Belgrade
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Numerous fun activities you can participate in as well as a very casual and friendly working environment
- Game room and your own Uplay account
We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Join us and become a key part of the gaming world!