Engine Programmer [New Game IP]
We're looking for an experienced game programmer or software developer to focus on Engine Systems, Rendering and Distributed Systems. In this role you will develop and improve engine core systems - such as memory management, data streaming efficiency, LODs, rendering pipeline - and our custom, distributed, content creation pipeline. This includes low level optimization on multiple hardware configurations. You'll mainly develop in C++ and very close to our game engine Snowdrop™. Python will also be part of your work as it is our main language for distributed systems.
To succeed in this position, we believe you to be a strong communicator, you're also comfortable working autonomously and willing to collaborate with our remote internal partners. We're looking for a person who takes initiative with a focus on integrity and reliability. You stay up-to-date with the latest tech and want to be involved in the day-to-day setup of larger infrastructure - always looking for ways to improve it.
- Higher level education (BSc or MSc) and/or professional game dev experience
- Proficiency with modern C++ with focus on code quality, performance, refactoring, optimization, debugging, and testing.
- Experience in Engine Team related disciplines, such as Low-Level optimizations, Rendering and similar.
- Advanced Python skills, with focus on performance.
- A creative mindset to problem-solving in code, a curiosity for cutting-edge tech, and a desire to expand your knowledge and share new insights.
- You’re happy expressing yourself in English and look forward to collaborating in an international and creative environment.
We believe you have an interest in...
- Algorithmic complexity analysis and performance optimization
- Modern graphics API:s such as DirectX 12 or Vulkan.
- Writing and optimizing shaders.
- Mesh and image processing
Apply to make it yours
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking and is the key to unlocking our collective potential. We also want to ensure our developers reflect our players, so even if you don’t tick all the boxes above but you have a willingness to learn, we're eager to hear how you can contribute. We’re located at Fenix Stockholm, a re-imagined modern office block in the inner city district of Hagastaden.