Engineer, Asset Management
Job Title:Engineer, Asset Management
Activision Blizzard King is on the quest for a hardworking Engineer, Digital Asset Management to join our IT Corporate Infrastructure team!
The position's primary responsibility is to support our asset management tools across Activision Blizzard King, promoting and advocating for DAM technology and capabilities as a process engineer. The Ultimate goal is to continue to trailblaze the ever-changing landscape of DAM by supporting content development, curation, and publishing. You will focus on enhancing workflows, automation, and the overall efficiency and flexibility of operations. You will own relationships with various department types ranging from broadcast production, esports, marketing, localization, and cinematics – dealing with a variety of asset types and lifecycle needs by providing creative and efficient solutions for our customers.
This role is a step up from the daily life of a typical Digital Asset Manager, focusing moreso on the technology within and surrounding our platforms, by building and implementing process driven solutions. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we are looking for someone who will approach technical challenges with an engineering mindset and an overall appreciation for learning and growing. The ideal candidate relishes in the details of organizational excellence and strives for customer satisfaction.
Digital Asset Management is a new initiative within IT and many of the enterprise level procedures and standards are being built from the ground up; we need someone prepared to roll up their sleeves and dive in. Help us provide the most secure, functional, and organized DAM ever for ABK global!
Are you meticulous, possess strong interpersonal skills, have expertise in digital files and technology? Do you have additional skills to bring to the table that will contribute to our team’s success? Are you the hero we are looking for?
- Workflow Process Engineering:
- Assist in all workflow buildouts from a process engineering standpoint for assigned tenants
- Partner with our DAM vendor and internal Development teams to build workflows, enhancements and integrations for assigned teams (tenants)
- Actively seek efficiency in engineering and appropriate places for automation
- Drive creative engineering when requested
- Support tenant onboarding projects including:
- Onboarding setup of tenant/team (permissions, folder structure, training, etc.)
- Scope workflows for the tenant to facilitate use of the platform
- Support all user onboarding and account creation
- Track and submit bug reports and enhancements as needed
- Oversee migrations from various cloud and on-prem storage locations
- Continual support of teams past launch
- Perform other support duties on an as needed basis
- Create visual and narrative documentation for proper implementation of DAM strategy
- Asset lifecycle diagrams on how content flows through the system
- Technical documentation for workflows/integrations
- Create visual and narrative documentation for proper implementation of DAM strategy
- Keep strong lines of communication open to your assigned tenants
- Focus on keeping assigned tenants up to date and projects on schedule
- Scoping necessary tasks for your projects and communicating milestones and deadlines effectively
- Have a strong sense of ownership of the projects, tenants, and tasks that you manage
- 2+ years of Asset Management experience on an Enterprise level (let us know what platform(s) you’ve used!)
- Knowledge in the entertainment space and how production works best with asset management at scale (video, photography, marketing, gaming, localization, etc.)
- Understanding of cloud-based platforms, storage, compute-based processes, and file transfer services and protocols
- Understand how media is processed (rendering photography, transcoding video, watermarking, etc.)
- Loves metadata and understands the importance of it
- Proven knowledge of industry standard methodologies in taxonomy and governance
- You should be thorough, with ability to multi-task, work independently, and manage time effectively
- Ability to juggle several projects, simultaneously, and track progress against timelines
- Superb interpersonal skills, oral, written, and collaboration skills for working in a globally diverse team environment
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Activision Blizzard King’s intellectual properties
- Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Video post-production knowledge in relation to asset management
- Marketing or Advertising knowledge in relation to asset management
- MAM experience (let us know what platform(s) you’ve used!)
- Passion for gaming
- Coding experience (Regex, React, etc.)
- UI/UX experience and/or knowledge
- Cloud environments (storage and compute)
- Sys Admin experience
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $77,500.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.