Engineering Internship - Treyarch
Job Title:Engineering Internship - Treyarch
We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our Engineering team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing to.
Gameplay Engineering: Partner across teams developing gameplay, graphics, audio, and systems for our games. You will be working on a shipping title, with a mentor, on a team managing multiple projects against competing deadlines. It may be the biggest challenge you have faced, but your strong technical skills, initiative, and commitment will get you through.
- Proficient in a programming language, preferably C++ or C#
- Knowledge of mathematics for 3D graphics, particularly linear algebra
- An eagerness to collaborate and innovate on game side code
- A passion for significantly impacting game development
- Strong communication
- Proven game programming experience (personal or professional)
Tools Engineering: Help us build the tools we use to create our games. Create user experiences for proprietary tools and provide unique value to a small team of passionate engineers. We help content creators be really creative, really fast.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, preferably C++ or C#
- Knowledge of Rendering technologies
- Understanding of User Interface technologies
- A strong desire to significantly impact the way games are made
UI/UX Engineering: Work with UI/UX teams as one of Activision’s award-winning franchises. You’ll work closely with a mentor to program and implement UI/UX features; such as menus, widgets, animations, heads up displays, etc...
- Proficient in at least one programming language, preferably C++
- Knowledge of Python, Java, or Lua
- A passion for gaming, and game-related project work
Online Engineering: Focus on building online systems within our commerce hub to create top-tier user experience. You’ll work cross-functionally with designers, producers, and engineers to create commerce features such as progression systems, logins, first party interfaces, and in store purchasing and rewards.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, preferably C or C++
- Experience working in Python
- Knowledge of Perforce and Github
To succeed you should have…
- Must be a current student pursuing their associates, bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating December 2023 or later.
- Available for an in-person 12-week internship starting in late May or late June in Play Vista, CA (relocation & living stipends will be provided to non-local students)
- Experience with video game development in professional, indie, or academic settings
- Be able to work as part of a team with a strong understanding of the value of collaboration
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A good feel for fun and engagement, as well as market trends
- The ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated, and not afraid to ask questions
- A positive, supportive, and collaborative approach to working with team members.
- Understanding and consideration for diverse perspectives and experiences.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We expect to be back in office for our summer 2023 internship and successful candidates will be expected to relocate and be onsite in Los Angeles for the duration of it. Treyarch will cover relocation services and will provide a living stipend to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/