About this Role
As an Engineering Manager at Fandom, you will help us build the web experience on some of the world's biggest platforms for fans, with 350 million users, 300,000 communities and 4 billion page events every month!
As a manager, you will lead a team to solve our problems on a very large scale and develop products that improve the experience and engagement of our multiple users for our Fandom communities. You will deploy applications in a hybrid multi-cloud environment, gaining hands-on experience across different infrastructures. You will work with important members on the Product team, and Engineering leads across other areas such as Site Experience, Content Creators, Platform, DevOps, and Data Engineering.
You will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Partner with our Product team as an essential contributor to the strategic direction and planning of the roadmap for your team.
- Lead your team through the creation of products to improve the experience and engagement of our multiple users.
- Be a hands-on technical contributor on your team.
- Work with our Talent Acquisition team to find top software engineering talent.
- Coach Engineers on your team to grow their skills and career paths.
- Work together with other Engineering managers and leaders throughout Fandom to provide a cohesive platform and ways of working.
- 2+ years of Engineering Management experience.
- At least 5 years experience as a Software Engineer before moving into the management track.
- Experience with the architecture and design of our applications within our ecosystem.
- Leadership experience, both leading Engineers and reading their code to provide important feedback.
- Understanding of how to break down Epics into workable Stories and Tasks.
- Experience as a hiring manager. Come to the interview ready to discuss how you have been a part of the hiring process, and things that you have learned along the way.
You Have this extra bonus...
- Experience working with Product and other folks in the US and Europe. We have great folks in lots of places!
- Have great ideas on how to team build while working remotely. Team building in general is a wonderful skill to bring with you
- Love of Games, Movies, TV, Comic Books, Books!
Benefits & Perks
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to many popular online courses and books sponsored by our company
- An on-demand budget for education, training, and conferences
- Company stock options
- Company swag packages
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus
- VTO (Voluntary Time Off) - a day off every quarter for volunteering non-profit
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours & time-off
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by us
- Open, and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is the world's largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer