Engineering Manager - Proactive Safety ML
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It is where thousands of communities come together for whatever, every day.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, and discover the projects we're solving on our Blog. Be sure to explore our Interviewing Guide and Instagram channel to learn how to ace our interview process.
About the Role
We are looking for an engineering leader who is passionate about content safety and moderation. You will lead and grow a team of engineers who are building and maintaining the technology powering our safety machine learning models. These models proactively identify harmful content and behaviors to ensure that our users have positive, safe experiences on Twitch. You will build the frameworks that make it possible for us to build and maintain these models at scale. Come help build the next chapter in machine learning for safety on Twitch!
This position is hybrid office / work from home and will be located in San Francisco, CA.
- Maintain a positive team culture that promotes learning and collaboration
- Progress the careers of engineers across all levels, from senior engineers to interns/apprentices
- Shape the team roadmap with product management to help execute Safety projects with various stakeholders
- Provide high-level technical direction to the team to sustain engineering and operational excellence
- 4+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of work experience managing a team of 5+ engineers, including hiring and developing engineering talent
- User empathy and an ability to understand and prioritize user needs
- Experience with machine learning engineering or distributed systems
- A passion for delivering high-quality software
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services
- Experience with building available and resilient systems
- Fluency in some subset data modeling, algorithms, and database schema design
- Experience in the content safety and moderation space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW8193
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from our lowest geographic market up to our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/#learn-more. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.