Engineering Manager- Video Streaming
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
The Video Transcode Team is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of senior engineers focussed on video streaming solutions and technologies. You will report to the Director of engineering and you will guide the team to identify and build cost-effective transcoding solutions and techniques and bring them to production.
You can work in our HQ in San Francisco, CA, and our satellite offices in Seattle, WA, Irvine, CA or New York, NY. We are remote flexible (United States, Canada).
- Manage a team of engineers with focus on Video transcoding.
- Partner with the director and other engineering leads to guide the strategy of the team and align team projects with team goals
- Lead the video solutions roadmap
- Guide third-party solution evaluation and business conversations.
- Promote operational and engineering excellence for the team and wider organization
- Collaborate with other Twitch and AWS teams to deliver new features and products for Twitch and AWS IVS.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience in video streaming or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Track record for building new teams and retaining top and diverse talent.
- A bar-raising mentality for quality, and an eye for operational and engineering excellence
- Experience leading cross-team projects and an inclination for collaboration
- Experience deploying video solutions at scale
- Experience with video and audio codecs
- Experience with video transmission protocols (FLV, RTMP, MPEG TS, MP4, HLS, WebRTC, DASH, CMAF)
- Experience with objective and subjective video quality assessment (PSNR, SSIM, VMAF, MOS, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $143,700 - $194,400 yr and in New York City is $159,100 - $213,800 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7454