Engineering Program Manager
We entertain millions of people across the globe with amazing and immersive interactive software. But making games is hard work! That’s why we employ some of the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Being a part of our team means sharing in our excitement about designing, developing, and marketing the world's most compelling and innovative games. The Digital Platform Systems Test Group comprises Program Managers, Quality Engineering Architects, and Test Engineering Teams, that collaborate to deliver test services that ensure and measure scalability, stress/load, security, performance and reliability for our games.
The Challenge Ahead
The Engineering Program Manager (EPM) is a highly visible technical project management role, responsible for coordinating large‐scale, end‐to‐end systems test activities for EA game titles. The EPM will be responsible for multiple titles and will manage the overall project plan for delivering end‐to‐end test implementation and a quality risk assessment prior to game release.
It is essential that the EPM collaborates across the entire organization to understand business objectives, gather requirements and manage partner expectations.
What an Engineering Program Manager Does at EA:
- Primary ‘point of contact’ and representative for the Systems Test engagements to senior management across the organization.
- Manages planning, scheduling and delivery of highly complex Systems Test projects within the agreed upon timeline and budget
- Collaborates within a cross‐functional matrixed organization to track and resolve dependencies, risks and issues.
- Active participant in making “system quality” related analyses and decisions to support a quality risk assessment.
- Owns preparation and delivery of executive level presentations to communicate the overall quality risk assessment at several points within the lifecycle.
- Conducts post‐mortems for all engagements and develops relevant process improvement plans for future engagements.
- Takes ideas and formulates them into concrete product and project plans, partnering with customers and delighting them with the results.
- May require some domestic and international travel.
The Next Great EA EPM Needs to Have:
The Engineering Program Manager must possess a balance of analytical problem solving, project management, technical, and client management skills. The candidate should have a proven track record in program/project management of technical, cross‐functional teams in the delivery of complex systems within established cost, schedule, and performance goals. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in best practices around product development, enterprise systems and release management. To be successful in this role, a candidate requires strong customer focus, technical aptitude, a deep understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle and excellent cross‐team collaboration skills.
- Over 2 years of experience in a technical project or program management role for high‐complexity, large-scale engineering projects within the game development, software development, systems testing and/or IT space.
- Experience in managing high‐profile programs/projects that have executive visibility
- Experience collaborating with global teams.
- 2+ years of experience in software development and/or testing of complex systems.
- Experience in creating and delivering senior management/executive level presentations.
Other Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Strong technical and project management skills (PMP Certification is a plus).
- Ability to understand and concisely explain technical challenges/concepts to senior management and executive levels.
- Intermediate to expert skills with project management tools such as MS Project, JIRA and other Microsoft productivity tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, etc).
- Must possess excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with software test and development tools.
- Passion for gaming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.